Are you interested in a career in healthcare? College of Western Idaho (CWI) has a variety of healthcare programs available to prepare you for an exciting and rewarding career in this growing industry.
Applications are now open for Summer 2022, Fall 2022, and Spring 2023 semesters. Applications must be submitted by the deadlines. Visit individual program pages linked below for information, application instructions specific to each program, and assistance.
HEALTHCARE PROGRAM APPLICATION DEADLINES
Summer 2022 Start
- Surgical Technology – Deadline May 20
Fall 2022 Start
- Professional Nursing – Deadline April 15
- Occupational Therapy Assistant – Deadline May 31
- Medical Assistant – Deadline April 29
- Dental Assisting – Deadline May 1
- Physical Therapist Assistant – March 28 to May 19
- Medical Administrative Support – Deadline Aug. 1
Spring 2023 Start
- Practical Nursing – Sept. 1 to Oct. 28, 2022
Have questions or need help?
- Contact your Student Success Advisor.
- Visit CWI's program pages for more information and program contact information.
- Attend a Virtual Healthcare Information Session.
Healthcare Career Opportunities
Careers in the healthcare field have some of the greatest need as our communities continue to grow. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Employment in healthcare occupations is projected to grow 15 percent from 2019 to 2029, much faster than the average for all occupations, adding about 2.4 million new jobs. Healthcare occupations are projected to add more jobs than any of the other occupational groups. This projected growth is mainly due to an aging population, leading to greater demand for healthcare services.”