You must be admitted as a student and register for classes in an approved program of study. You must complete a CWI Request for Certification form after you have registered for classes every term that you want to use VA Education Benefits and submit the form on line. Veterans and Military Family Services in turn will review your schedule and certify your enrollment to the VA. When the VA completes the processing of this certification the VA will send you an Award Letter. This can take up to 6 weeks after submitting all documentation.