Registration for new, continuing, and returning students for College of Western Idaho’s (CWI) Summer 2023 semester is now open! Summer classes begin Monday, June 5.
Summer classes are only eight weeks and earn the same credits as a full Fall or Spring semester class. There are many reasons for taking summer classes including:
- Accelerating your degree: Summer classes can help you complete your degree faster by allowing you to take additional classes in a shorter amount of time.
- Lightening your workload: By taking summer classes, you can spread out your course load over a longer period, making your regular academic semesters less stressful.
- Making up for lost time: If you had to miss a class during the regular academic year due to illness or other reasons, you can use the summer session to make up the course and stay on track.
- Exploring new subjects: Summer classes often offer a wider range of courses, including those outside of your major, allowing you to explore new subjects and interests.
- Improving your GPA: Summer classes typically have smaller class sizes, allowing for more individual attention from your instructor. This can help you better understand the material and improve your grades.
- Getting ahead: By taking summer classes, you can get a head start on your future academic and career goals, allowing you to move forward more quickly.
- Admission Deadline – Saturday, May 27
- Registration Deadline – Friday, June 2
- Classes Start – Monday, June 5
Continuing and Returning Students
Course offerings can be viewed in SelfService which is accessible through the Toolkit on myCWI.
New to CWI? New, degree and non-degree seeking students need to apply to CWI prior to registering for classes. Visit Applying to CWI for a complete list of steps to get started.
- Upon completion of the application process and once accepted to CWI, new, non-degree seeking students can immediately register for classes.
- Upon completion of the application process and once accepted to CWI, new, degree-seeking students must participate in New Student Orientation prior to registering for classes.
Contact Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about options available for students in need of financial assistance.
Students are encouraged to contact One Stop Student Services or their Advisor with any questions or concerns. Registration for summer will be open through Friday, June 2.