Nominations for College of Western Idaho's (CWI) Student Leadership Awards are now open! These awards seek to recognize the achievements of outstanding student leaders on campus for their hard work, dedication, and commitment to CWI and the community. Through this award, CWI hopes to reward and celebrate inspiring individuals who have made a meaningful impact on campus life and created a lasting legacy.
This year’s awards are:
- Club of the Year Award — This award is presented to an organization that has demonstrated excellence in all areas of community engagement, collaboration, diversity and inclusion, and leadership development.
- Student Organization Advisor of the Year Award — This award recognizes an advisor who has excelled in providing support and assistance to a club/organization. The recipient has devoted time and service that has played a key role in the organization’s success.
- Social Program of the Year Award — This award recognizes a program/event(s) that has contributed to a sense of community on campus and encouraged students to come together and meaningfully engage with one another and/or the Ada County/Canyon County communities.
- Community Service Program of the Year Award — This award recognizes a program that has engaged students through service while encouraging them to selflessly serve beyond this one experience.
- Outstanding Officer/Representative of the Year Award —This award recognizes a student who has demonstrated exceptional leadership throughout their term of office and has enhanced participation and involvement within their organization, the campus, and the community.
- Quiet Influence Award —This award recognizes an individual who has contributed to their organization or club and campus community in a meaningful yet behind-the-scenes way.
- Rising Leadership Award — This award will honor a first-year student who does not need a title to fill a leadership role. Throughout the school year, this student has shown a new-found commitment to serve the CWI campus and community side by side with the elected student leaders and administration of the campus. This student can be found helping to complete any task needed while helping to model the core values and mission of the College. The student shows promise in continuing to exemplify growth and development as a leader.
- Trailblazing Leadership Award — This award will recognize a second-year or graduating student leader who has engaged themselves in a significant leadership role on campus. The Trailblazing Leadership Award includes those students who have come to CWI with leadership experience or have developed leadership skills through the many opportunities the campus offers. Through their involvement, recipients of the Trailblazing Leadership Award have shown ambitions to improve campus life and strengthen the Treasure Valley community.
Nominations will remain open through Tuesday, March 28. Award recipients will be announced at the 2023 Student Leadership Banquet on Friday, April 21, at the Hispanic Cultural Center of Idaho.
For those with questions or in need of more information, please contact Sitlaly Hernandez at email@example.com.