On Friday, May 17, College of Western Idaho (CWI) will celebrate its 2019 class of graduates in a commencement ceremony hosted at Taco Bell Arena in Boise. This year marks the College’s 10th commencement! The ceremony is scheduled for 7 p.m. and will recognize degree and certificate graduates, as well as GED completers.
The College will honor nearly 1500 degree and certificate candidates with graduates ranging in age from 16 to 81. In addition, the amount of Dual Credit students receiving an Associates of Arts degree is a new record, with 44 graduates.
Highlights of this year’s commencement include:
- 1489 Degree and Certificate Candidates
- Degree and Certificates earned 2081
- 486 Graduates with Honors
- 348 Graduates with Multiple Degrees
- 146 Veteran Graduates
- Average Graduate GPA 3.284
- 44 Associate of Arts degrees awarded to Dual Credit students
- 487 GED Candidates
- Youngest Graduate – 16 years old
- Oldest Graduate – 81 years old
CWI will provide free Spanish-English translation and hard of hearing devices for guests. The units will be available at Lobby 1 and Lobby 2 Taco Bella Arena.
Additional information about the event can be found on the CWI website. Family and friends of graduates who cannot attend commencement in-person are invited to watch a live stream of the event on the CWI Facebook page. Share your success as a graduate or congratulate a student on their accomplishments on social media using #cwigraduation on your posts.