Navegando Mentoring Program
The Navegando Peer Mentoring Program helps Latinx students succeed by connecting returning students with first-year students. Navegando peer mentoring enriches the educational experience for our students by providing academic support, cultural exploration, and social connections.
Navegando Mentors assist new students by:
- assisting in the transition to college and helping new students learn about our campus and community by creating a welcoming and informative environment
- serving as resources for students for information about academic policies and programs, social organizations, campus life, and curricular/co-curricular activities
- modeling creative, intellectual inquiry
- serving as academic and social role models
- exploring the rich arrays of opportunities at CWI
- utilizing CWI campus resources
- Promoting CWI Latinx Student Service Coordinator events, programming, and services.
Students who are selected as Navegando Mentors will receive a $1,000 scholarship for their first year.
- All first-year students who identify as Latinx will be assigned a Navegando Mentor.
- Mentees are encouraged to participate in Latinx Student Services events and programming.
Apply to become one of our 2022-23 Navegando Mentors.