Navegando Mentoring Program
The Navegando Peer Mentoring Program helps Latinx students succeed by connecting returning students with first year students. Navegando Peer mentoring enrich the educational experience for our students by providing academic support, cultural exploration, and social connections.
Navegando Mentors assist new students by:
- Assisting in the transition to college and helping new students learn about our campus and community by creating a welcoming and informative environment.
- Serving as resources for students for information about academic policies and programs, social organizations, campus life and curricular/co-curricular activities.
- Modeling creative, intellectual inquiry.
- Serving as academic and social role models.
- Exploring the rich arrays of opportunities at CWI.
- Utilizing CWI campus resources.
- Promote CWI Latinx Student Service Coordinator events, programming and services.
Students who are selected as Navegando Mentors will receive a $1,000 scholarship for their first year.
- All first year students who identify as Latinx will be assigned a Navegando Mentor.
- Mentees are encouraged to participate in Latinx Student Services events and programming.
Apply to become one of our 2021-22 Navegando Mentors.