Congratulations to Greg Wilson, College of Western Idaho’s Faculty of Distinction for January 2021.Read more about Wilson Named Faculty of Distinction for January
Building Your Higher Education Foundation with the Essentials to Transfer On
Are you looking to lay a solid academic foundation for your higher education journey? College of Western Idaho (CWI) offers an Academic Certificate in General Education as part of the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degrees. This program is a stepping stone, ensuring you meet the general education requirements of all Idaho public universities and is ideal for students who wish to complete their foundational courses with quality education at an affordable cost.
The program covers essential skills such as reasoning, information literacy, communication, problem-solving, and creative thinking. With the flexibility of online or on-campus classes, CWI's General Education program offers smaller class sizes, providing more access to instructors and a more intimate learning environment. Upon completion, you will receive a notation on your transcript, showcasing your readiness to transition seamlessly to a four-year institution in your chosen field of study.
- Flexibility of Online & On-Campus Learning: Choose from fully-online or on-campus classes to fit your learning style and schedule.
- Comprehensive Skill Development: Develop critical skills in various disciplines fundamental to all fields of study.
- Transfer Readiness: Complete general education courses transferable to any public higher education institution in Idaho.
- Cost-Effective Education: Benefit from the affordability of CWI classes compared to other institutions.
- Personalized Advising & Support: Receive guidance to align your general education with your future academic goals.
Plan ahead for your transition to a four-year college or university. Students are encouraged to work closely with their advisor and representatives from the intended transfer school to ensure a smooth transition beyond CWI. Visit Transferring From CWI to explore our transfer partnerships.
The Idaho State Board of Education has established General Education degree offerings with courses intended to transfer between Idaho institutions.
Area of Study
Degrees & Certificates
General Education – Academic Certificate
Available Fully OnlineCertificate Requirements
- Apply to CWI.
- Choose General Education as your major.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Cost & Aid
As a student in this program, you may be eligible for financial aid and scholarships.
Are you a 2024 Idaho high school graduate? Learn how to get up to $8,000 of your tuition and fees covered at CWI through Idaho LAUNCH.
Already a student? We are here to help you navigate your educational journey, connect you to academic and support resources, and achieve your academic or career goals.
Plan ahead for a smooth transition to a four-year college or university. CWI has partnered with a number of institutions in Idaho to provide students direct access to transfer assistance and customized benefits.
College of Western Idaho student, Brandon Edralin, won a new Apple iPad during the College’s mobile app giveaway!Read more about CWI Mobile App iPad Giveaway Winner
Congratulations to Jana McCurdy, College of Western Idaho’s Faculty of Distinction for March 2019.Read more about Faculty of Distinction—March 2019