CWI News—July 23, 2021
CWI in the News
KBOI Channel 2: College of Western Idaho begins search for next president
College of Western Idaho (CWI) has launched the search for its next president. CWI seeks an innovative and experienced educational leader for the position of president. The president will provide energetic and visionary leadership for a fast-growing and complex institution that serves a dynamic and prosperous region. Working with the Trustees of CWI, the College’s faculty and staff, and with key stakeholder groups, the president will create a comprehensive strategic plan for the College and oversee its effective implementation.
Confidential review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; parties who apply by Sept. 12, 2021 will be given first consideration.
Updates and information surrounding the presidential search process, as well as the full presidential profile and guidance for interested candidates to apply, visit the presidential search page online.
The College of Western Idaho (CWI) Foundation scholarships application period is now open for the 2021-2022 academic year. One application makes applying for scholarships at CWI easy providing students automatically-generated scholarship matches in addition to allowing students to self-select scholarships of interest. During the 2020-2021 academic year, more than 400 scholarships were awarded to students in both academic and career-technical programs at the College.
Students interested in applying for scholarships must have the CWI admission application completed, be accepted, and have myCWI login information. The application period is open through Aug. 6, 2021.
Visit the Grants and Scholarships page to learn more or apply.
College of Western Idaho (CWI) is transitioning to the new BOLD branding for ID cards at the College.
Faculty and staff can update their ID cards at the One Stop Student Services Ada County and Nampa Campus Micron Education Center locations beginning Friday, May 7, and are encouraged to complete the process before the end of spring semester.
Staff are asked to get their new ID cards either before July 31 or wait until after Oct. 1 to help representatives focus on students and the start of the Fall semester.
To update your card:
- Reserve a 15-minute appointment online
- Appear in person at your selected One Stop Student Services location to update your ID card
- Enter the ID card’s 5-digit serial number in an online form. After your appointment, a link will be emailed to you from CWI facilities. Enter the ID card’s 5-digit number to change your building access to your new card. It may take up to 48 hours for the card to become active.
When arriving at One Stop Student Services, employees are asked to sign in using the kiosk before being helped. Bring your current ID card to the appointment to verify your Employee ID number. You will not be required to hand in your card, but keep your old card’s 5-digit card serial number accessible to complete the form you will receive to activate building access on campus.
Staff and faculty will need to get a new card before Dec. 31, 2021, when building access expires for all existing ID cards. Please continue to watch your email for updates surrounding rollout of the new ID cards.
Empower your future at College of Western Idaho (CWI) – your community college! Earn a degree in-person, online, or a combination of both. CWI offers a wealth of options for all lifestyles and schedules, allowing you time to focus on what matters most.
Important Dates, Fall 2021 Semester
- July 31 – Financial Aid Priority Deadline
- Aug. 6 – Scholarship Application Deadline
- Aug. 14 – Admission Deadline
- Aug. 20 – Registration Deadline, Tuition and Fees Due
- Aug. 23 – Fall 2021 Classes Begin
Get started today!
Complete your application, register for classes, and apply for financial aid and scholarships.
- Applications and necessary documentation must be received prior to the admission deadline in order to be accepted for fall semester.
- All new, degree-seeking students must also participate in New Student Orientation prior to registering for classes.
Contact One Stop Student Services or visit us online with questions or to learn more.
Enjoy a night at the ballpark, and support students at the next CWI Night Thursday, July 29! College of Western Idaho (CWI) is proud to partner with the Boise Hawks to SCORE Big for scholarships as the Hawks take on the Idaho Falls Chukars. Students, alumni, employees, family, and friends of the CWI community are all invited to attend.
Your $10 ticket to the game includes a shaded seat in the CWI section on the third-base line. $5 of each CWI group ticket purchased goes directly back to the SCORE Big Scholarship fund. During the game, two lucky CWI students will be awarded $1,000 SCORE Big Scholarships!
Interested in attending CWI or know someone who is? Start out with a WIN by applying for the SCORE Big Scholarship. The application period for the next SCORE Big Scholarship, which will be awarded during a future CWI Night, opens July 6, 2021.
As we prepare for the upcoming fall term, here is a quick refresher on the progress of the new brand.
The new College of Western Idaho (CWI) brand is still in the process of being rolled out. There is much work being done to prepare, launch, and implement the many facets of the brand across CWI.
Brand resources are available on myCWI – This is where brand elements, instructions, and information about the new brand will be found. Items are added on a regular basis, so check often.
Brand Style Guide – All about how to use the elements that make up the CWI brand.
- Master Logos
- Letterhead Stationery - Coming Soon
- Business Cards - In Progress
- PowerPoint templates
- Zoom Backgrounds
- Email Signatures (2 choices)
- Email Design Template
- Photo and Media Releases
- Employee ID Cards – Employees are asked to get their ID cards before July 30 or wait until after Oct. 1, Deadline is Dec. 31
- Name Badges and Name Plates
- Promotional Items
- Photo Archive
- Writing Guides
As a quick reminder, modifications to the new CWI logo are not part of the college brand and should not be done. This includes using unapproved backgrounds, adding additional elements, and/or breaking apart elements of the logo.
If you have questions, please contact email@example.com.
Ashley Smith, from the Communications and Marketing department at College of Western Idaho (CWI), has been appointed the District 7 director for the National Council for Marketing and Public Relations (NCMPR) for community and technical colleges.
“I’m excited to start my next chapter with NCMPR as District 7 Director. NCMPR lends itself as a great opportunity to grow as a communicator and network with the very best in the industry. It will be a tremendous honor and privilege to serve our members,” states Smith.
NCMPR, as an affiliate of the American Association of Community Colleges, provides professional growth for those working in marketing and communication at community and technical colleges. NCMPR has more than 1,500 members from nearly 550 colleges across the United States and Canada.
As of July 31, 2021, Skype functionality has been turned off. Employees will no longer be able to login to Skype for Business and will use Microsoft Teams for chat and collaboration.
What to expect once you are upgraded:
- You will no longer be able to sign into Skype for Business
- You will receive all chats (IMs) in Microsoft Teams
- You will no longer be able to create new Skype for Business meetings, however, you can still join existing Skype for Business meetings.
What will happen to all my Skype for Business data (contacts, conversation history, etc.) once my account is upgraded to Teams?
- Your past conversations, calls, and voicemails can be viewed from your Conversation History folder in Outlook (dependent on user’s settings)
- Your Skype for Business contacts will be available in Teams under the Calls tab
- Your Skype for Business meetings can be accessed from your Outlook calendar or from the Meetings tab in Teams.
Call to Action:
- Use Teams as your primary tool for chat
- Utilize FAQ 444 in order to initiate your first chat!
- View the Microsoft Quick Start Guide and online training for help using Teams
- Initiate all chats (IMs) in Teams
- (Optional) Reschedule any Skype for Business meetings to Teams
As with all communications at the College, messages sent on Microsoft Teams are subject to Idaho’s Public Records Law.
If you have questions about this upgrade, please contact the HelpDesk or call 208.562.3444.
College of Western Idaho’s IT team has deployed 29 Toshiba copiers across campus.
The new copiers have an intuitive, updated user interface. If you have questions about the copiers, please refer to the FAQ. The FAQ is also a great resource to walk you through the process to re-associate your ID card, with the College’s new brand, to the copier.
If you have additional questions, call the Help Desk at 208.562.3444.
Welcome to the following individuals who are new to the College. We are happy to have you here and look forward to working with you!
- Teresa Tarifa de Yensen – English Language Tutor, Learning Commons
- John Russ – WBLC Director, Workforce Development
- Rebecca Kethcart Warren – Research Consultant Part-Time, Learning Commons
- Shay Stoddard – Teacher, Basic Skills Education
Employees can access Internal Job Postings or visit Careers at CWI to view all external listings. Upon application submittal, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive an email, check your "Junk/Spam" folder, then email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify receipt of your application.