CWI News—Jan. 14, 2022
To kick off Spring 2022 semester and in-service week, College of Western Idaho’s new president, Gordon Jones, greets staff and welcomes faculty back to campus.
College of Western Idaho (CWI) has identified the otter as its official mascot. It is now time to bring the otter to life with a creative identity including a name and design!
To kick off the mascot development research phase, we want to hear from you. Students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to share their input and opinions about the new mascot via the survey linked below. Results of the survey will be used to guide the naming and design process.
Please complete the survey by Friday, Jan. 28. Stay tuned for additional opportunities to provide input which will be shared in the coming months. Unveiling of the new mascot is currently scheduled for Fall 2022.
Thank you for taking time to engage in this important process.
Help students gain critical, hands-on experience assessing a client and designing a fitness program while working on your personal fitness goals! College of Western Idaho’s (CWI) Health Science department and students from the Fitness, Assessment, and Design (EXHS-163) course are partnering, once again, with the Employee Wellness Challenge initiative to provide short-term, individualized training programs to 25 lucky employees.
- Training is free!
- 25 spots are available for CWI employees.
- The opportunity is open to anyone who wants to have a custom-made training plan created for them and/or wants to help our students gain experience.
- Participants must be available for six weeks beginning in late March to meet regularly with a Student Personal Trainer and commit to a training plan.
- Program includes an initial consultation with student, fitness testing, training plan overview, in depth follow-up about training progression, and final consultation with student.
- Participants will be asked to submit an evaluation of their experience with the Student Personal Trainer.
- Participants may be requested to perform basic fitness testing on their own due to COVID-19 precautions. In this case, participants will be provided written instructions and the tests will be appropriate for their current abilities. Participant will not be required to purchase any equipment.
- Must complete the PAR-Q+ survey and either not require medical clearance OR have a doctor’s note allowing participation in physical activity. Please note, if the survey asks you to continue forward and fill out the ePARmed-X+ form, you will need to do so in order to get an accurate result.
Ready to participate? Complete these simple steps to apply:
The deadline to apply for participation is March 13. Spots will be filled on a rolling basis as applications are submitted. Apply early!
Please contact Tim Curry, instructor for EXHS-163, at 208.562.3077 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you have about participating.
As part of College of Western Idaho’s (CWI) Be Safe, Be Mighty campaign and ongoing interest in the safety and security of our campus community, the College is providing convenient access to COVID-19 test kits.
Two types of test are available. Testing is voluntary and free of charge.
- Vault Health
- PCR (Saliva) Test
- Results in 24 – 48 hours
- Instruction card included in kit
- Rapid Antigen (Nasal Swab) Test
- Results in 15 minutes
- Instructions provided via QR code on kit
Test Kit Distribution
Students may obtain a free, COVID-19 test kit at the following campus locations. Please be prepared to show your student ID.
- One Stop Students Services
- Campus Security Desks
Contact Chad Trisler, Dean of Students, at email@example.com with questions or to learn more.
Test kits have been distributed to each member of the Executive Operations Team (EOT). Employees may obtain a test kit from their EOT representative or from one of the designated locations listed above. For further guidance on obtaining a test kit, speak with your immediate supervisor or EOT representative.
Please continue to report positive or probable COVID-19 cases by calling the 24-hour, self-reporting call center at 813.699.3551.
Welcome to the following individuals who are new to the College. We are happy to have you here and look forward to working with you!
- Ben Hinkle – Instructor, Welding and Metals Fabrication
- Douglas Brown – Adjunct Faculty, Geography
- Jeannie Miller – Tutor, Tutoring Services
- Kenneth Wait – Adjunct Faculty, Business
- Mady Avila – One Stop Representative
- Tina Roehr – Adjunct Faculty, English
- Wayne Hamilton – Community Learning Center Teacher, Adult Education
Employees can access Internal Job Postings or visit Careers at CWI to view all external listings. Upon application submittal, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive an email, check your "Junk/Spam" folder, then email firstname.lastname@example.org to verify receipt of your application.