Celebrate Winter Break by updating your Zoom account! Zoom regularly updates its desktop client adding new functionalities and security features.
The Dec. 21 update will bring several new meeting and webinar features including:
- enhanced non-verbal feedback and reactions
- ability for host and cohost to raise their hand
- ability for host and cohost to remove inappropriate chat messages
- availability of poll reports during meetings
Other recent updates include:
- host breakout room privileges available to cohost
- ability for participants to be moved directly back from breakout room to main session
- virtual background support for more CPUs
- hyperlink support in Q&A
- dismissed questions can be hidden from participants
- self-select into breakout rooms
To update Zoom:
- Start Zoom on your computer. This can be done by pressing the Windows key and typing in “Zoom”.
- Click on your picture in the upper right corner of Zoom.
- Scroll down, and click on "Check for Updates".
- Click on “Update”.
- Zoom will do the rest.
For more detailed update instructions see FAQ #430 in the Help Desk.