As we navigate through this difficult and challenging time, College of Western Idaho (CWI) remains committed to student financial success. We are aware many of our students may have been impacted by the disruption of campus operations in response to COVID-19. As such, Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF) were allocated to CWI through the Federal Government’s CARES Act and are currently being distributed to all eligible students to assist with expenses such as course materials, technology, food, housing, healthcare, and childcare. Eligible CWI students have received nearly $1.5 million in funds thus far.
Eligibility requirements and the distribution process are outlined below. The combination of a tiered approach, partnered with a student application process, will allow CWI to disburse these funds to the majority of students quickly, while still providing an avenue for students to request additional funds as needed.
- Currently enrolled at the time of disbursement
- Degree-seeking or enrolled in an approved certificate program
- Title IV eligible as determined by the FAFSA
- Meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Distribution is tiered by eligible student’s attendance at the time of disbursement:
- $400 – Full-time (12 credits or more)
- $300 – Quarter-time (9 - 11 credits)
- $200 – Half-time (6 - 8 credits)
- $100 – Less than half-time (less than 6 credits)
- Eligible students can view their disbursement through their myCWI account.
- Students may submit an application for additional funding. Amounts disbursed will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Disbursements of funds for all eligible Spring 2020 semester students began the week of May 11, 2020, and are complete. Eligibility for students enrolled in the Summer 2020 semester will be evaluated after June 10 and disbursed the second half of June.
Contact Financial Aid at email@example.com or 208.562.3000 with questions.