College of Western Idaho’s (CWI) Medical Professional’s Club welcomed nine local, medical professionals to campus Saturday, April 27, for a panel discussion. The event, held at the Nampa Campus Academic Building, was organized and sponsored by the Club’s Co-Presidents, Misha Keen and Amanda Weber; Vice-President, Desmond Ouckama; Treasurer, Yasir Subhi; Secretary, Lauren Steenbeeke; and Club member, Joanna Beck. With over 45 students in attendance, the panel engaged in spirited discussions, met with students, and responded to questions.
Guest panelists included:
- James Whitaker – Osteopathic Physician, Idaho Joint and Spine
- Stephanie Hodson – Medical Oncologist, Summit Cancer Centers
- Laura Marji – Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, All Valley Animal Care Center
- Monica Gerhart – Physical Therapist, Focus Physical Therapy
- Curt Ater – Pharmacist (currently on sabbatical)
- Heidi Peters – Family Nurse Practitioner, Boise Valley Asthma and Allergy
- Marvin Sparrell – Associate Director and Clinical Assistant Professor at Idaho State University
- Anntara Smith – Clinical Assistant Professor and Clinical Coordinator at Idaho State University
- Tea Draganovic – Student in Idaho State University’s Physician Assistant program
Congratulations to the Medical Professional’s Club for another great event! The CWI community is so proud of you and excited for future events!