Wow! What a start to the 2020-2021 Academic Year! We are three weeks into fall semester, not just any semester, but the Fall term of 2020 – the pandemic year. The year of masks, sanitizing stations, and plexi panels. The year of new terminology like hyflex, synchronous learning, essential, and humanity shields, just to name a few. All part of our new normal!
Amidst these changes and challenges, our CWI campus community has navigated these new procedures and new responsibilities in mighty fashion. Congratulations to each and every one of you for supporting and playing your part in the Be Safe, Be Mighty campaign to keep everyone healthy and keep our campus open.
Remaining flexible in implementing our new normal, recent updates include the following:
Food on campus
- Allowed in common area and open spaces with seating where physical distancing of at least six feet can be accomplished.
- Eating is not allowed in areas outside of common spaces, for instance, classrooms, labs, testing, library, etc.
- In the event physical distancing in common areas and open spaces cannot occur, individuals will need to plan to eat outside or in a vehicle.
- In partnership with Rapid Trace, a new, self-reporting phone line has been established to allow those who need to report a positive case or exposure the ability to call in confidentially at 813.699.3551.
- All employees and students are asked to submit a contact tracing release form prior to reporting a positive case or exposure. This proactive action will enable:
- consent to be contacted and communication of possible exposure
- ability to report on-campus locations with possible exposures
Return to Campus Video
- Watch our Return to Campus video outlining procedures for employees, students, and visitors!
- Any questions regarding CWI and COVID-19 can be emailed to COVID19_Questions@cwi.edu.
Thank you all for your diligence and commitment to this community-wide effort to keep everyone safe and continue our ability to be on campus.
Be Safe, Be Mighty! #mightyCWI