More than 30 students gathered at College of Western Idaho’s (CWI) Ada County Campus Pintail Center Wednesday, Feb. 13, for the Common Read Series panel discussion, “Me Too and Reconciliation”. The discussion, based on shared readings authored by Junot Díaz and Aya de Leon, focused on ways individuals and communities can encourage and develop healthier and more inclusive attitudes and behaviors to allow all to succeed.
- McKenzie Wood – Faculty, Criminal Justice
- Erin Peterson – Liberal Arts Advisor, Student Advising and Success
- Jodi Hickenlooper – Counseling Services
- Jennifer Colley – Human Resources Business Partner, Learning and Development
- Ryan Witt – Faculty, English
- Annie Pelletier Hightower – CWI Trustee and Idaho Coalition Against Sexual and Domestic Violence
A special thank you to Jana McCurdy, General Education Coordinator, and Karen Brown, Visual and Performing Arts Faculty, for organizing this Common Read Series event and to Brown for moderating the discussion.
All are invited to join us for the next Common Read Series event which will focus on “The Electronic Revolution”, an article by William S. Burroughs. Students are encouraged to keep an eye on the MyCommons section of BlackBoard for important updates about reading along, presenting their papers, or attending the next event. Contact Jana McCurdy at 208.562.3317 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.