Open enrollment for medical, dental, and flexible spending accounts (FSA) will be held April 25 through May 13, 2022, for all benefit-eligible College of Western Idaho (CWI) employees. The new plan year begins July 1, 2022.
New premiums rates and summaries of benefits and plan types will be posted to the Office of Group Insurance website in the next week and will also be sent out via email.
Open enrollment is your chance to:
- Enroll or re-enroll in the Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for the 2023 fiscal year.
- FSA plans do not automatically renew year-to-year. A new form must be submitted to continue FSA contributions.
- Click here to learn more about Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Change your medical plan type (PPO, Traditional, High Deductible).
- Add dependents to dental care coverage.
- Switch premium deductions from post-tax to pre-tax or vice-versa.
- Newly enroll or decline medical and dental benefits without a qualifying life event. If you miss the deadline you will not be able to enroll or decline benefits until next Open Enrollment without a qualifying life event.
Open enrollment forms:
- Forms will be available Monday, April 25, on the Human Resources Employee Resources site on myCWI and will also be sent out via email.
- Forms can be signed electronically.
- Forms cannot be signed or submitted before April 25.
- Open enrollment forms will be due Friday, May 13, at 5 p.m., and will be accepted via email or in-person at the Human Resources office located at the Nampa Campus Administration Building.
- Exceptions will not be made for those who miss the May 13 deadline.
Have a quick question about your benefits?
During the open enrollment period, Human Resources will be holding drop-in Q&A forums via Zoom for those with questions about open enrollment and/or CWI’s benefits.
Save the date!
Learn more about the benefits available to you by attending CWI's Virtual Benefit Fair, April 25 – May 13. At the virtual benefits fair you can access updated plan and rate information for the new plan year, view informative videos, attend webinars, review FAQs, and access open enrollment forms.
Contact Human Resources at HRBenefits@cwi.edu with questions.