The CWI Employee Wellness Challenge is excited to announce a partnership with the Department of Health Science and students from the EXHS-163 Fitness, Assessment, and Design course. This partnership will give students the critical hands-on experience to assess a client and design a fitness program while CWI employees get the benefit of a short-term individualized training program for free! This is a great opportunity for each group to work and learn from the other in a very personalized manner.
- 22 spots are available for CWI employees.
- The opportunity is open to anyone who wants to have a custom-made training plan created for them and/or wants to help our students gain experience.
- Participants must be available for five weeks starting in early April to meet regularly with a Student Personal Trainer and commit to a training plan.
- Program includes an initial consultation with student, fitness testing, training plan overview, in depth follow-up about training progression, and final consultation with student including a 2nd month’s training plan.
- Participants will be asked to submit an evaluation of their experience with the Student Personal Trainer.
- Participants may be requested to perform basic fitness testing on their own due to COVID-19 precautions. If this is the case, they will be provided written instructions and the tests will be appropriate for their current abilities. They will not be required to purchase any equipment.
- Must complete the PAR-Q+ survey and either not require medical clearance OR have a doctor’s note allowing participation in physical activity. Please note, if the survey asks you to continue forward and fill out the ePARmed-X+ form, you will need to do so in order to get an accurate result.
Ready to participate? Complete these simple steps to apply:
The deadline to apply for participation is March 19. Spots will be filled on a rolling basis as applications are submitted. Apply early!
Please contact Tim Curry, instructor for EXHS-163, with any questions you have about participating at 208.562.3077 or email@example.com.