The College of Western Idaho (CWI) is accredited through the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). The NWCCU is a regional postsecondary accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Credits, certificates, and degrees earned at CWI are transferable to four-year institutions, subject to the specific policies of those institutions. Due to our previous accreditation partnership with the College of Southern Idaho (CSI), credits, certificates, and degrees earned from January 2009 through August 2014 appear on both CSI and CWI transcripts. Credits, certificates, and degrees earned from August 2014 to present appear on CWI transcripts.
Effective September 1, 2016, the NWCCU granted initial accreditation to CWI at the associate degree level. CWI is now in a seven-year accreditation cycle, which includes periodic evaluations and site visits from the NWCCU.
NORTHWEST COMMISSION ON COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES (NWCCU)
8060 165th Avenue NE, Suite 100
Redmond, WA 98052-3981
Several of our programs are also accredited by the appropriate accrediting agencies, and graduates are eligible to take the qualifying examinations of the respective state and national licensing or registration bodies and join professional organizations.
- Campus Safety and Security
- Active Shooter Response
- CWI Alerts
- CWI Emergency Handbook
- Campus Safety and Security Policies
- Campus Safety and Security Services
- Crime Prevention and Resources
- Emergency Resources
- Safety and Security Annual Reports
- Student, Faculty and Staff Responsibilities
- Weapons on Campus
- Contact Us
- Facts at a Glance
- File Sharing on the CWI Network
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Locations and Maps
- Mission and Vision
- Planning and Reports
- Public Records Request
- Risk Management
- Student Consumer Information
- Campus Development – Visioning and Planning
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- Student Outcomes Information