College of Western Idaho offers a competitive benefits package! For additional benefit information visit https://ogi.idaho.gov.
- Benefits at a Glance: Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Educational Tuition Waiver Benefit
- Retirement plans with over 11% employer contribution
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employer-paid life and disability insurance
- Eleven paid holidays (faculty may vary)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts from local businesses
As a benefit eligible employee of College of Western Idaho, you will have the opportunity to participate in a retirement plan. In addition to your contribution, the College offers generous contributions to your retirement plan. The plan assigned will be dependent upon employment classification.
Hourly Employee - participates in the Public Employee’s Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI)
Salary Employee – participates in the Optional Retirement Plan
- Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA)
- The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company (Corebridge)
*exception may apply, if vested in PERSI
PERSI Retiree Information
If you are a retired PERSI member and are currently receiving PERSI retirement benefits, please contact PERSI to determine how employment at CWI may impact your retirement benefits.
PERSI Answer Center
- (800) 451-8228 or (208) 334-3365 (in the Boise & surrounding areas)
- Working While Receiving PERSI Retirement Benefits
If you do become employed with CWI, please contact CWI’s Human Resources Department at HRBenefits@cwi.edu or 208.562.3287 before you start work.