Testing Services Policies
You are here
1. Testers must present valid photo ID (non-expired government issued driver’s license, state ID, military ID, passport, legal resident ID, or current CWI student ID) prior to any exam. Any high school ID card must be from the current school year only and can only be used for CWI placement exams. We cannot accept photos of IDs.
2. All proctored exams must be scheduled at least 12 hours prior to taking the exam. (24 hours prior for Student Disability Services Accommodated Testing.) Walk-in exams are not permitted at this time.
- It is the student's responsibility to know who their instructor is, course name and number, exam time limits, open and close dates, restrictions and permitted items.
3. If a student arrives more than 30 minutes late to their scheduled appointment, they may need to reschedule. If a student calls before their scheduled test time indicating they will be more than 30 minutes late, their appointment will be moved to the next available slot in the same day if possible, depending on availability.
4. All exams must be completed at least 15 minutes prior to the closing of business.
5. The following items are not allowed in the assessment lab and must be stored in a provided locker:
- Electronic & Bluetooth devices (including, but not limited to: phones, music players, cameras, USB drives, headphones/earbuds, etc.)
- Hats, caps, scarves, over-sized coats or jackets. Hoods are not allowed to be covering your head while testing. Only religious head wear may be worn in the testing lab.
- All wrist watches and fitness trackers
- Food, water bottles or other drinks
- Student's own pens
- Mechanical pencils
- Notebook or notes (unless authorized by the instructor)
- Backpacks or purses (including wallets)
Students accessing prohibited items or information during an exam will have their exam stopped and will be asked to leave. Any cheating, suspected cheating, or possessing prohibited items on or near your testing area will be reported to your instructor and will be regarded as a violation of the Student Code of Conduct. Any violations may result in student disciplinary actions, up to and including expulsion.
6. Children under the age of 16 cannot be left unattended in the lobby area and are not allowed to accompany testers into the testing lab. (Testing Services staff are required to call campus security if children are left unattended.)
7. Pencils, calculators, and scratch paper will be provided before testing begins on exams that allow for any or all of these materials only. Scratch paper will be collected after completing each test. (Students may NOT remove scratch paper from the Testing Lab.) Students may provide personal calculators when approved by the instructor. Calculators are subject to inspection/memory clearing by staff before being taken into the lab. Extra notes in calculators will not be allowed.
8. Rescheduling: Any fees due must be paid prior to launching your exam. If you need to reschedule, please call 24 hours prior to your appointment, and your exam fee will be applied to your new appointment.
If you call to cancel an exam you have paid for within three business days prior to the start of your exam, you will receive a full refund.
If you call to cancel an exam you have paid for less than three business days prior to the start of your exam, you will receive a refund minus a $3.50 administrative fee.
No refunds will be granted for missed appointments. If you missed your appointment due to extenuating circumstances, and feel that an exception should be granted, please reach out to Testing Services.
(Minimum 12-hour advance registration required)