A waitlist is an electronic list of students interested in a section that is full who want an opportunity to register when and if a seat becomes available.
Waitlist Policies and Procedures
Eligibility to Waitlist
- An eligible student who wishes to add a course that is full may choose to waitlist for one section of the course, provided a waitlist is available for that course.
- A student must be eligible to register in order to waitlist for a course. This includes:
- No registration holds exist on the student’s record (i.e. business office hold, academic suspension)
- All registration requirements are met (i.e. course prerequisite or satisfactory placement score)
Waitlisting, Enrollment, and Attendance
- A waitlisted student is not officially enrolled in the course and is not eligible to receive a grade in the course.
- Waitlisted course credits do not count toward enrollment, full-time/part-time status, graduation requirements, billing, or financial aid requirements.
- Being on a waitlist does not guarantee registration in the class or that a new section will be added for the same meeting pattern or instructor.
- A waitlisted student may not attend the waitlisted course because he/she is not officially enrolled.
- Instructors may not override any student into a waitlisted course.
- Waitlists for eligible course sections are available once a course reaches capacity.
- Waitlists for eligible sections are available from the first day of registration (once the class is full, the waitlist is activated) through the end of the add/drop period on myCWI BEFORE instructor permission to add is required (see Academic Calendar).
- Waitlists are closed before the first week of class and any remaining students are automatically dropped from the waitlist.
- A student is waitlisted in the order in which he/she attempted to register and selected the waitlist option.
- When a seat in a waitlisted section becomes available, the first student on the waitlist will be “offered a seat” and notified by email to his/her CWI student email account.
- A student who is “offered a seat” will have 48 hours to login to myCWI and officially register for the course. A student is not automatically registered for a waitlisted course.
- It is the responsibility of the student to check the status of the waitlist, to regularly check his/her CWI email account, and to officially register when and if the opportunity arises.
- A student may remove himself/herself from a waitlist by using “Manage My Waitlist” on myCWI.
Exclusions for Course Waitlisting
- The following course sections are not currently available for waitlisting:
- Courses requiring a lab corequisite
- Courses requiring permission of the instructor as a prerequisite to registration
- Late-start classes that begin after the first day of the semester (i.e. Second 8-week classes)
- Courses taught off-site at community locations (i.e. internship, independent study, clinical, etc.)
Don’t miss your opportunity to add your waitlisted course! Check your CWI email account regularly to see if you are offered a seat.