College Level Examination Program
You are here
CWI offers College Level Examination Program (CLEP®) testing to the public. Please be aware that while CWI administers most CLEP® exams, CWI does not accept all CLEP® scores. Please check with the Registrar's Office to see if your score will transfer.
CLEP® credit will only be awarded to CWI students who are currently enrolled past census date in credit courses with a declared major. For more information, please contact the Registrar's office at email@example.com.
About the CLEP®
About the CLEP®:
- The CLEP® is designed to test knowledge in introductory courses for specific college subjects and can fulfill major requirements as well as CORE by earning qualifying scores.
- Approximately 2,900 colleges and universities will accept credit for successful scores on the 33 available CLEP® exams.
- Exams are 90 minutes
- 5 subject areas
- History & Social Sciences
- Composition & Literature
- Science & Mathematics
- World Languages
- CLEP® credit will only be awarded to CWI students who are currently enrolled past census date in credit courses with a declared major. For more information, please contact the Registrar's office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All CLEP® exams cost $90 and must be purchased via the CLEP® website prior to scheduling your appointment.
- CWI charges a $35 proctoring fee (in addition to test fees paid to CLEP®) which is paid for during scheduling.
- Unofficial results are available immediately upon completion, except for essays which take four to six weeks for scoring.
- If you are planning on taking the CLEP® exam to get credit for prerequisite courses or credits needed for graduation, please plan ahead. It takes approximately four to six weeks for the official score report to be sent to the Registrar’s Office.
- Please note: While CWI offers most CLEP® exams at our testing facilities, CWI does not accept all CLEP® scores.
- If you don’t pass the exam, you must wait three months before re-testing.
- Test preparation tips can be found at https://clep.collegeboard.org/prepare-for-an-exam.
- For more information about credit for prior learning opportunities such as standardized exams (AP, CLEP, IB, etc.), vertical credit, challenge exams, and portfolios, please see your advisor.
- Homeschooled students and high school students: If you do not have the required government issued ID, please complete a Student ID Form which is valid for one year. The form must be accompanied by a recognizable photo with a school or notary seal overlapping the photo. The form must be signed in front of a school official or notary. The form may be found at: https://clep.collegeboard.org/clep/pdf/clep-student-id-form.pdf
- Frequently Asked Questions may be found at https://clep.collegeboard.org/help-center/frequently-asked-questions.
- Choose "CLEP for Test Takers"
- "Create an Account" in the upper right hand corner
- Register to take the CLEP® Exam
- Pay exam fee to College Board online
- For current pricing or purchasing an exam, please visit https://clep.collegeboard.org/clep-exams
- Print Exam Registration Ticket upon registration and bring it to your testing appointment
- Choose a location (Nampa Micron or Ada Lynx)
- Select "Prior Learning Assessments, CLEP, DSST Exams" for Step 2, then select "CLEP Exam" for Step 3
- Pay the $35 non-refundable proctoring fee to CWI for each exam. Certain examinations have an optional essay for an additional $10 fee payable to CWI. All proctoring fees will be paid to CWI Testing Services at the time of your exam
- Please note: this process will need to be repeated for each CLEP exam you are taking and payments submitted individually, regardless of if the tests are on the same or different days
- Please bring your printed Exam Registration Ticket from College Board with you to your testing appointment
- Present one physical form of identification at testing appointment. Must be a valid driver’s license, state issued photo ID, Military ID, or passport