1. A Student Only Travel Plan for Approval Form must be filled out and signed by the club advisor. The signed form should be given to the Office of Student Engagement a minimum of twenty (20) business days before date of departure.
    1. Note: It is highly recommended to be planning trips much further in advance.
  2. Prior approval must be given before booking any flights, hotel reservations, registration fees, educational expenses etc.  Student Engagement needs to verify that there are funds in the clubs account to support the travel request.
    1. Most conferences/competitions have food included in the registration fee; clubs should take advantage of this as much as possible.
  3. Per Diem: Per Diem is the allowance for lodging (excluding taxes), meals and incidental expenses. 
    1. Faculty/Staff (Adviser) Per Diem:
      1. The General Services Administration (GSA) establishes per diem rates for destinations within the lower 48 Continental United States.
        1. https://www.gsa.gov/travel/plan-book/per-diem-rates
      2. The Department of Defense (DOD) establishes non-foreign rates which includes Alaska, Hawaii, and all U.S. Territories.
        1. https://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/perdiemCalc.cfm
      3. On Travel Days will only receive 75% of the daily per diem rate
    2. Student Per Diem: max of $30/day but travel days (first and last day) are prorated as follows:
      1. $6 for breakfast (leave at 7:00 a.m. or earlier/return at 8:00 a.m. or later)
      2. $9 for lunch (leave at 11:00 a.m. or earlier/return at 2:00 p.m. or later)
      3. $15 for dinner (leave at 5:00 p.m. or earlier/return at 7:00 p.m. or later)
  4. Costs Covered: Prior approval must be given by the Office of Student Engagement for any expenses and the clubs advisor must submit an itinerary/outline for all expenses. Reimbursement will not be given for any expenses if approval is not given prior to travel. Club members are welcome to spend time outside of the competition and/or conference visiting points of interest, but these expenses must be paid by each individual or must come from fundraised funds. Clubs should be prepared to show evidence of how funds were raised and how club voted to spend funds.
  5. Hotel reservations are made through Student Engagement. If the competition you are attending has blocks of rooms reserved at a reduced rate, this is the hotel that should be used. The College P­Card can be used to guarantee and pay for room and tax only. If the hotel requires authorization for use of the card, Student Engagement will have the hotel send an invoice so we can have a check prepared for the team to take.
  6. Rooms: The advisor(s) must have their own room.  Student rooms should be split based on gender. A minimum of two students per room.
  7. Airline reservations are made in coordination with Student Engagement. The Student Engagement P-Card can be used to obtain online tickets. ALL team members should be involved with the timing of the flights. If team members wish to arrive in the city early and leave late to expand sight-seeing time, all members should agree to the schedule. If your competition begins early in the morning, it is acceptable to arrive the day before the competition. If your competition has an award banquet that is held late in the evening, it is acceptable to stay until the next day.
  8. Reimbursement: A Payment Request Form is due from the advisor to Student Engagement for review five (5) business days after the club returns. The advisor must review and approve this form prior to submission. Student Engagement also reviews the form and accompanying receipts for accuracy and adherence to policy. The Payment Request Form will then be given to the Business Office for review and reimbursement. Checks will be mailed to you, so please make sure you have indicated your current address in the details box on the form. Reimbursement requests submitted to Business Office twenty (20) business days after returning from travel will not be accepted.
  9. Questions or Concerns: If the club officers or advisor(s) have any questions or concerns, they should speak with the Student Engagement Office.
  10. Remember, you are spending money that belongs to the College and your student organizations are accountable for these funds.