Handling an Active Shooter Situation
There are three basic options: RUN, HIDE, or FIGHT. Quickly determine the most reasonable way to protect your own life.
- RUN - Evacuate: If an escape route is accessible, attempt to evacuate the premises.
- HIDE - If evacuation is not possible, find a place to hide where an active shooter is less likely to find you.
- FIGHT - Take action against the active shooter
Faculty and staff must be cognizant that students or visitors are likely to follow their lead in an active shooter event.
Click on the "Run, Hide, Fight - Standard Operating Procedure below for more information.
- Active Shooter Response
- CWI Alerts
- CWI Emergency Handbook
- Campus Safety and Security Policies
- Campus Safety and Security Services
- Crime Prevention and Resources
- Emergency Resources
- Safety and Security Annual Reports
- Student, Faculty and Staff Responsibilities
- Weapons on Campus