How Do I Create a Federal Student Aid ID & Add CWI's School Code?
To complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), students need a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID). This ID serves as a legal signature on certain government websites. Parents will also need to create and FSA ID in order to electronically sign their child's FAFSA. Parents with multiple children can use the same FSA ID.
In order for financial aid eligibility to be determined, the College of Western Idaho's (CWI) school code must be added to the FAFSA. Important - Each FSA ID requires a unique email address.
Create an FSA ID
- Go to fsaid.ed.gov and select the Create an FSA ID tab.
- Enter personal information and select Send Code.
- Legal Name, Social Security Number, and Date of Birth
- Email Address and Mobile Phone Number
- Five Challenge Questions and Answers
- Retrieve the confirmation code from your email and select
- Continue. The code will expire after 15 minutes.
- Answer the Challenge Questions. Creation complete.
Important — If you are updating information, select Manage
my FSA ID tab and log in after your ID has been created.
Add CWI Federal School Code
- Go to www.FAFSA.ed.gov and under Returning User, select Add a School.
- Log in with your personal information or FSA ID.
- Select the correct school year then Make FAFSA Corrections.
- Click the School Selections tab then Add a School. CWI’s school code is: 042118.
- Sign and select Submit. If the summary of the changes is correct, select Submit again.
Where can I use my FSA ID?
FAFSA.gov — Submit, correct, and/or update FAFSA.
NSLDS.ed.gov— Review financial aid history and loan servicer contact information.
StudentLoans.gov — Review your loan information and repayment options. Complete Loan Entrance Counseling, the Master Promissory Note, and Loan Exit Counseling.
- 1 of 3
- next ›