Can my significant other or my family members attend my counseling sessions?

CWI does not provide couples or family counseling. Your counselor will discuss with you the appropriateness of having a loved one accompany you to your session(s) and decide on the appropriate course of action on a case by case basis.

What if I need help after hours?

For a medical or mental health emergency, call 911.
The CWI Counseling and Wellness Services Webpage offers helpful information such as:

  • Idaho Suicide & Crisis
  • ...

What if I am concerned about another CWI student?

If you are concerned about a student and aren’t sure what to do, you can submit a CARE report. A member of CWI’s CARE team will follow up with the student you are concerned about.

What does it mean if a counselor contacts me?

Sometimes a person who cares about you, like a faculty/staff member or a friend, will submit a CARE report to let us know they are worried about you. These people are concerned and have your best interest at heart. A counselor will contact you after receiving the CARE report. While you are not...

What are the Counseling and Wellness Services badges and why should I check them out?

CWI counselors have created wellness badges in Blackboard to help you learn skills and develop habits that support your wellbeing. Check out badges on the following topics:

  • Anxiety
  • Grief & Loss
  • Mindfulness
  • Resilience
  • Safety Net (finding
  • ...