How to use email consultations:
- Submit your work for consultation Submit
- You will receive a response with an attached PDF copy of your paper with comments throughout, along with a letter in the body of the email or attached as a document with our comments and suggestions for how you might be able to revise your work.
- You may expect a response within 72-hour response window per submission (NOT including weekends and holidays). Plan ahead accordingly
Things to note when using email consultations:
- We will not edit your papers. We will help you find areas in your paper for improvement or enhancement.
- We will only have time to focus on one or two aspects of your paper.
- If you need a more in-depth review, or significant grammar help, make an in-person appointment with a consultant at one of our Writing Center sites.
- Leave yourself plenty of time to revise—the comments you will receive are only suggestions. Since this is your paper, you must decide how to best use the advice.
- Later, consider sending in a revised draft for more comments.
- We can typically cover no more than 7 pages in a single email response. If your paper is more than 7 pages, please submit it in sections, and be sure to specify each section in your emails. You can reasonably expect that we can respond thoroughly to submissions of no more than 4 pages in length.