What's a Safety Net? Your Safety Net consists of 5 different parts: housing, transportation, food security, healthcare and wellness, and childcare.
When a part of your Safety Net falls out of place life can become difficult, threatening your ability to maintain a job, go to school, and more. Is your Safety Net in place?
If your Safety Net needs some work, visit our virtual resource fair and our Safety Net online learning badge!
The virtual Resource and Involvement Fair in MyCommons on Blackboard will connect you with supports throughout the Treasure Valley. Watch videos and gather information about the assistance and opportunities available to you both on and off campus, including:
- No-cost or low-cost community resources for medical needs, food, childcare, financial constraints, housing, etc.
- Student clubs, organizations, and events
- Academic advising, tutoring, mental health counseling, disability accommodations, testing, veterans and Latinx services
The Safety Net online learning badge in Blackboard will help you learn:
- how to build and maintain your safety net
- how to access free local support resources
- how to keep yourself and your family safe
Access all of the Counseling Services badges, including the Safety Net badge, in Blackboard.
Check the individual buttons below for specific resource-type information.