You are here
Academic contracts are a positive and proactive way to assist students in repairing their academic standing and provide the support needed to reach their educational goals. If you have been notified you are on Academic Contract, please work with your advisor to complete the steps below in order to register for classes.
1. Reflect on your Progress
The first step to the Academic Contract process is to reflect on your progress as a student in addition to your values, motivations, goals, and strengths.
The following resources will help you prepare for an appointment with your advisor.
Prior to your appointment, you must additionally submit a Self-Reflection for Academic Contract.
2. Meet with your Advisor
The next step in the Academic Contract process is to schedule an appointment with your advisor.
Connecting With Your Advisor Schedule an Appointment
Be sure to review the resources and complete your Self-Reflection for Academic Contract from Step 1 prior to your appointment.
3. Complete an Academic Contract Agreement
The final step in the Academic Contract process is to attend your scheduled advising appointment.
During the appointment, you and your advisor will:
- reflect on your academic progress
- review your academic plan
- discuss resources available to help you repair your academic standing and reach your goals
- complete an Academic Contract Agreement
4. Maintain your Academic Standing
An Academic Contract is considered a success when your most recent term grade point average is a 2.0 or higher.
- Center for New Directions
- Student Checklist for Success
- Explore Your Options
- Academic Contracts